I just Received a Foreclosure Notice from a Florida Court. What do I do?

January 24, 2012
By David Goldman on January 24, 2012 8:15 AM |

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for notice_foreclosure.jpgCalling a Jacksonville Foreclosure Attorney to guide you through the steps is a good first start. But, there are a few other things you should know.

You do not need to immediately move out of your house. Actually, doing so may cause the bank or mortgage company to consider your home "abandoned," making it more difficult for you to obtain assistance. Instead, you can remain in your home until the bank obtains a foreclosure judgment against you.

You should pay attention to the letters the mortgage company sends you. You should not ignore these, and they will likely be useful when you contact a Jacksonville Foreclosure Attorney.

If you speak with the mortgage company about your situation, be honest. If you are not comfortable speaking with the mortgage company, your Jacksonville Foreclosure Defense Attorney can do that for you.

These are just a few simple guidelines to follow if you are facing foreclosure. Contact a Jacksonville Foreclosure Defense Attorney to discuss the details of your foreclosure. Each situation is different, but a qualified attorney may be able to help.